Doris is one of the 1% extremely wealthy Westport housewives who meets Katie and Angela everyday at a restaurant to give advice and unwind. She's there to give advice, albeit not always helpful, but regardless always there to aid Katie.
Doris is a complex person, she flaunts her wealth proudly and regularly exhibits her oddity on a regular basis. She keeps up a brazen attitude and prides herself on manipulating people to get the results she desires, advice she gives to Katie when her household is fulled on an uprising. She apparently tore her kids down, so she could mold them into perfect, above-and-beyond prodigies (in music and art). She's a mother of four kids and disciplines them harshly. Molding them into perfectionists and overachievers, they are strictly disciplined in mannerisms. An example is when Marigold was told she could call Katie by her first name, she received a death glare from Doris and nervously said she couldn't.
Doris’ parenting methods have constantly been questioned by Katie and Angela, often being asked the question if she ever wondered if one day her kids would want to murder her.
- Doris has constantly expressed a love interest in Greg (which sometimes borders on an obsession).
- She and her husband are the second-richest people in Westport.
- She seems to be one of the outcasts of Westport, as her strict parenting style is at odds with the spoil-your-kids type style of most Westport parents.
- Doris has been described as a sociopath on multiple occasions.
- She has an account at a cake place.
- She hates Oliver.
- Doris owns a ski house and beach house.
- She had a sound-proof room built in her house where she forced her kids to take music lessons.
- According to her, her kids come in fifth after herself, the dog, her $14,000 toilet, and her maid that doesn't talk.
- “You owe me three demoralized children!”